Bowden Cricket Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well being of all its adult and junior members.
The Club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the Club should, at all times, show respect and are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with Elaine Pepler the Club’s welfare officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a member of Bowden Cricket Club you are expected to abide by the following Club rules for juniors:
- All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect their opponents.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Members must bring at all times a drink, wear suitable trainers, club tee shirt, sweatshirt or cricket jumper and tracksuit bottoms/shorts or cricket trousers.
- Members must provide their own personal protective equipment such as an abdominal box (if appropriate).
- Members must not wear boxer shorts (if relevant) for matches or practice sessions.
- Members must use the correct sized helmets, pads, gloves & guards.
- Members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
- Members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the Club premises or whilst representing the Club.
Parents / Guardians are requested to:
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Get involved and participate in the Club's junior activities, coaching sessions and matches.
Bowden CC’s Code of Conduct for members and guests is available on https://bowdencc.hitssports.com/
Permission for the use of photographs & recorded images
Bowden C.C. recognises the need to ensure the welfare and safety of all young people in cricket. As part of this commitment we will not permit photographs, video images or other images of young people to be taken or used without the consent of the parent / guardian and the young player. Consent is given by signing the junior membership form.
The Club will follow the guidance issued by the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) on the use of images of young people which is available on the following web site www.ecb.co.uk safe hands: welfare of young people in cricket policy.
The Club will take steps to ensure that these images are used solely for the purpose for which they are intended, which is the promotion and celebration of the clubs cricketing activities. If you become aware that these images are being used inappropriately, you should inform the Club welfare officer immediately. If photographs (e.g. team or action shots) are submitted to the press or published on the Clubs website, individuals will not be identified. In circumstances where there is a need to identify an individual player in the press, parental permission will be sought beforehand.
Transport to matches and practice sessions
Bowden Cricket Club’s policy is that parents are responsible for transporting players to and from matches and practice sessions and therefore the Club will not be registering private vehicles for the transportation of individuals in connection with any fixtures or practice sessions arranged by the Club.
The implementation of this policy is not intended to exclude any player from participation; parents or guardians should contact the Club welfare officer if they have any problems with the transportation of players to matches or practice sessions.
Club changing policy
For players under the age of 16 playing in adult teams the following policy applies:
- Young players uncomfortable with changing or showering with adults are under no obligation to do so and are advised to change & shower at home.
- Parental consent must be given if young players are to share changing facilities with adults of the same sex.
- Consent is given by signing the junior membership form.
- If young players are sharing changing facilities with adults, parents have the option to be present while they are changing. The Club will make reasonable efforts to arrange this.
Data Protection Policy
As a club we take seriously the protection of any data we hold. Our full data protection policy can be found on the club website https://bowdencc.hitssports.com/